While we consider many drink machines for a full restoration, there are a few that we pass on.
On most of the ones listed below, we WILL get them working again, install a new cooling system, or change them to a fridge instead. (Partial restorations) But not a full restoration to like new.
Before we get to this list, here are a few reasons why.
- Parts. Some machines require parts that are not available, making the restoration to our standards not possible.
- Time to restore makes it expensive. Some machines cost too much to restore, the price would make the customers run. 🙂
- Some machines cost much more to restore than they will ever be worth. For example, if you spend $5000 to restore a machine that is only worth $1000 restored, you will never get your money out. It’s better to buy a machine already restored. This usually applies to the larger oversized coolers and machines.
We have a long “yes” list.
Please email us your machine images. Some of our favorites are the Vendo 39, 44, 56, 63, 81. Cavalier 55, 64, 72, 80, and 96.
Here are the machines we stay away from (NOTE: we will replace the cooling systems on these.)
- Machines that are too far gone, too rotted out. Not sure? Just email us.
- Machines newer than the 1970s. We specialize in single-choice machines from the 1940s to the early 1970s.
- Very Large Coolers – We will do full restoration on smaller coolers (WD5, WD10, WE 6, etc), but not the larger 5 to 9 foot long coolers. However, we will put a new cooling system in these larger coolers.
- Vendo 216 / 144 / 80/. The 216 is the big brother, the Vendo 144, is the middle child, and the Vendo 80 which is the baby brother of the 216. Basically the same machine. The 216 is machine is huge, takes a long time to restore and after the last one we did, we vowed never again. Sometimes parts are hard to get if they can be found at all. We will put a new cooling system in these machines. While we do not offer full restoration, we will make it into a fridge for you. These machines do not have much collectors value and if we did offer a full restore, it would cost much more than you can ever get out of the machines if you were to sell them.
- Vendo 83. We will do a partial restore or repair, or a replace the cooling system. Or we can make into a drink fridge for you.
- Cavalier 51. We do not work on this model nor restore it. It is not that desirable. Restoration will cost more than it will ever be worth. See this article
- Westinghouse Dial A Matic. Such as the WB60. Again the restoration cost is more than it will be worth.
- Any fountain drink machine that was a self-serve to a cup.