Partial Restoration & Repair Costs
Many of our customers only need repairs or a partial restoration. We use these terms interchangably. If you like the old patina or your machine is in good shape, or your budget it tighter, this is a great option. After all, “they are only original once”. A partial restoration can include anything from a new cooling system, repairs to the machine, set to free vend, and even recoating the inside of the machine.
NOTE: The one thing we do NOT offer on repair / partial restorations is full exterior painting or spot painting. We only do these on a full restoration. Among several reasons is that to do it right we need to disassemble most of the machine and sandblast it. See: How to decide what to do with your machine
Here are some common items:
- New Cooling System
- Most requested repair. We completely replace the cooling system with an all-new system (not a refurbished system), including installation and testing. $1199-1399 installed (Why we don’t fix old compressors.)
- Interior and Exterior Options
- Clear-Coat the Exterior: Clean the exterior and put a fresh coat of clear coat (see details) on the exterior to seal it. $299
- Interior: Respray the inside tub and shelves or drum (see detail), or bottle stack with industrial coating – $299
- Interior: Restore or replace the door liner on the backside of the main door – $175 – $200 (not available on all machines)
- Interior: Fix rusted-out tub bottoms in the drink area. $100
- NOTE: Repainting the exterior or spot painting damage on the exterior is NOT offered on a partial restoration, only on a full restoration as it is not possible to match the paint color and blend the clear coat.
- Repair vending issues:
- Replace the electric coin mechanism with a refurbished tested one, reset the vend price. $250
- Fix other vending issues, quote on request.
- Replace missing parts or shelves. Quote on Request.
- Lights – Fix marquis lights, or replace them with LED light fixtures. $95-150.
- Replace bottle door gaskets, breaker strips, and insulation
- Quote on Request based on your model. Typically between $150-200.
- Set to Free Vend
- Set the machine to free vend (no coins needed to vend)
- For Mechanical Coin Mechanisms – Free Vend $45
- Unlock the bottle gates on a bottle door machine $50
- Change to a Cooler
- Sometimes customers request that we make the machine into a cooler fridge. Quote on Request.
- Bottom Line: Usually, these jobs run $1600 – $2000
Partial restorations cost less than a full restoration, and when you open the machine, it looks new inside again; best of all, it operates correctly!